Terms and Conditions of Use
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OR OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THIS SITE. Verance Corporation ("we" or "us") offers access to and use of www.verance.com (“site”) to you, subject to your acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). By accessing, using or obtaining any content, data, materials, information, products or services through our site, you agree to observe these Terms. If you do not accept all of these Terms, then do not use www.verance.com.
- OWNERSHIP. The contents of the site are protected under United States and foreign laws. Except as otherwise stated herein, we own the copyrights in and for our site and all of its contents. You will not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, sell, transfer or modify any of the content, data, information, materials, text, images, video, or audio (“Content”) found on our site, but you may view on a single computer and print one copy of the Content presented on our site for your personal, non-commercial use. Except as otherwise stated herein, Trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on our site (“Marks”) are our registered and common law Marks. By accessing or using our site, you obtain no license or right to use any of the Marks. You will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor Content available on or through our site. All software, applications, and modules used on our site are proprietary to us or licensed to us by other parties. You may not reproduce, reverse engineer, create derivative works of, reverse assemble or reverse compile, sell, lease, distribute, rent, assign, transfer, or modify any software, applications, or modules on our site.
- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES. All contents of our site are Copyright 2008-2011, Verance Corporation all rights reserved. “Verance” is a trademark of Verance Corporation. Other product, service and company names listed in our site may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You may not remove, and must maintain, all copyright, trademark, service mark, and other proprietary notices present on and/or contained in the Verance site and on any authorized copy you make of the Content.
- USE OF SITE. You may only use our site if you are at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority as defined in your jurisdiction, whichever is older, and can enter into binding contracts (our site is not available for use by minors). You agree to be completely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes and assessments arising out of your use of our site. You also represent and warrant that all information supplied by you is true and accurate. You may only use our site to make legitimate purchases. You may not use our site: to make any false or fraudulent purchase; to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law; or for any other purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. We may, at any time and without advance notice or liability, terminate or restrict your access to all or any component of our site. Your access to our site may not be uninterrupted or available at all times. We cannot promise that our site will be error-free, that defects or errors will be corrected or that our site or the servers that make it available are free from viruses or other harmful components. You will not use any device, software or routine that interferes or attempts to interfere with the normal operation of our site or take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our computer equipment.
- USER INFORMATION. You agree that any and all content you send to us, as between us and you, whether via e-mail, resume, curriculum vitae, and other related personal information, forms, messages, ideas, and/or suggestions (“User Content”), you automatically grant to Verance and its affiliates an irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, fully-paid, nonexclusive right (including moral rights) and worldwide license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, communicate to the public, perform, display, and distribute such User Content (in whole or in part), and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works (in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed) for the full term of any rights that may exist in such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses thereof. You transmit User Content at your sole risk. You are solely responsible for the information. Verance does not solicit through its site user submissions relating to the site or any Verance intellectual property. By sending to Verance any such submission, you hereby agree to assign to Verance all right title and interest in and to each such submission, including any and all intellectual property rights therein
- NO SOFTWARE LICENSE. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, this Agreement confers no right, title, or license to any Verance intellectual property. Use of Verance software may be licensed by Verance pursuant to an appropriate license agreement, and all use of such software shall be governed thereby. Absent an appropriate license agreement, any reproduction or redistribution of the Verance intellectual property is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal liability. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under applicable laws.
- LINKS. Our site may contain links to other sites that we do not operate or control. We are not responsible for these other sites. We provide these links for your reference and convenience. We do not endorse the contents of these other sites. These links are not an indication of our association with the owners or operators of any of these other sites or our endorsement of any material on those sites. You are free to access these other sites, but you do so at your own risk. You agree not to create a link from any site, including any site controlled by you, to our site without our express, written permission.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING OUR SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT, DATA, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OUR SITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT OUR SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR UNINTERRUPTED. WE FURTHER DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND TIMELINESS OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION FOUND ON OUR SITE. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THIS WARRANTY DISCLAIMER MAY BE LIMITED IN ITS APPLICABILITY TO YOU. CHANGES MAY BE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. WE, OUR AFFILIATES, AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES ON OR TO THIS SITE AT ANY TIME.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR (A) ANY DAMAGES TO OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS THE RESULT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF OR BROWSING IN OUR SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM OUR SITE OR (B) ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, THAT ARISES OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (X) ANY USE OF OUR SITE OR CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FOUND THEREIN, (Y) ANY FAILURE OR DELAY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COMPONENT OF THIS SITE FOR PURCHASES), OR (Z) THE PERFORMANCE OR NON PERFORMANCE BY US, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES TO SUCH PARTIES OR ANY OTHER PARTY. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
- DOLLAR LIMITATION. If, despite the limitations in Sections 8 and 9 above, we are found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the occurrences described in such sections, then our liability will in no event exceed, in total, US $50, or the minimum liability dollar amount defined in your jurisdiction, if applicable. Some states do not allow the limitation of liability, so the limitations above may not apply to you. Such limitations on liability are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any limitations on liability set forth in any other agreement between you and us.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You will defend and indemnify us and each of our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by you or on your behalf in excess of the liability described above or by third parties as a result of your breach of these Terms or the documents made part of these Terms by reference, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, or your use of our site.
- GENERAL. The headings in these Terms are for your convenience and reference only. Such headings do not limit or affect these Terms. Your acceptance of these Terms and use of our site do not create a joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship with us. You may not assign, delegate or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms. We may modify these Terms at any time. Your continued use of our site, following any modification of these Terms, will be subject to the Terms in effect at the time of your use. You will review these Terms periodically. Your continued use of our site, following any modification, will be your acceptance of the modified Terms. Except as described in the preceding sentences, you and we can only modify these Terms in a written document signed or otherwise accepted by you and by us. Other terms and conditions may apply to your purchases of advertising services and products through our site and to your use of other portions of our site. You will observe these other terms and conditions. If we fail to act with respect to your breach or anyone else’s breach of these Terms or any other terms and or conditions on any occasion, we are not waiving our right to act with respect to future or similar breaches. If a court finds any provision of these Terms to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and the other Terms will remain valid and enforceable. These Terms, together with those items made a part of these terms by reference, make up the entire agreement between us and you relating to your use of our site, and replaces any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding your use of our site. The laws of the State of California (USA), without regard to its conflict of laws rules, will govern these terms and conditions, as well as your and our observance of them. If you take any legal action relating to your use of our site or these Terms, you agree to file such action only in the state and federal courts located in San Diego, California (USA). In any such action or any action we may initiate, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover all legal expenses incurred in connection with the action, including but not limited to costs, both taxable and non-taxable, and reasonable attorneys’ fees. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
These Terms are effective as of March 31, 2008.